Saturday, December 1, 2012

Easy Street - Week 2


Friday Bonnie revealed her 2nd set of instructions for her 2012 Mystery Quilt, Easy Street.  Bonnie said she was not going to have anything smaller than 2 inches.  "For this step you will be making 128 flying geese units with purple as the large “goose” triangle and black-on-white as the “wing” triangles and 64 2” X 3-1/2”.


Here are the color slides Bonnie presented and my cut products.  Click here and go on over to Bonnie's site.  She has a tutorial on the easy angle ruler to help with the cutting of the geese.  These colors are fabulous.  I ended up pulling some of my fabrics from a Halloween project I had planned.  I purchased the fabric before the release of the colors selections.  

I'll post pics later this week after I get this batch sewed up.


In the meantime I want to share with you what I made for the Christmas gift exchange I will be participating in with my guild.


  

Folded star or Somerset patchwork

This is a hot pad with some warm and natural sandwiched in between.  I plan on making some for myself in some other color patterns.  This is not something I designed, I found this at Jennifer's site bronzewombat.  Click here for the tutorial.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I haven't seen Somerset Patchwork for years and years! I love the texture of it and how the stars magically appear.

    ReplyDelete