Thursday, December 13, 2012

Easy Street Week 3

And the mystery continues to unfold.  If you have not gone to Bonnie Hunter's Blog yet, click HERE.  Check out how others are keeping up with the progress of the mysterious Easy Street.

 This is the 3rd week for Easy Street.   The cutting hasn't been too bad, and I most say that the directions are outstanding.



 Here is the line of of the 3rd set of piecing.  I do love these colors.




These are the rejects.  I couldn't let these slide by.  These and others were taken apart and reconstructed.  They were too wonky and did not measure 3.5".  Yep!  some I even did 3x's.  I measured my distance from my needle correctly, but I believe my cutting may have been off.  I need to pay more attention to the angle of how I use the rotary cutter.  Did any one else have the same trouble I did?

 

 I also believe it was a factor in why my points did not all meet (left ok, right off).  But I can live with that little bit, at least my geese have heads.    (Quilt police alert  lol)


3 comments:

  1. I think they look great - and yes, I'm certainly learning LOTS about my 'cutting' techniques - apparently I'm not as good as I think! LOL. Lost some points..some didn't meet - some got 'nipped' - but they pass the "view from 25 ft on a galloping horse" test..haha..so I'll let them fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great too! I am also one that has issues with my cutting techniques. One thing that helped a lot was to re-sharpen my blade. I didn't realize how dull it had gotten! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a dull blade will mess up your cutting-mate too. My has got some well worn track marks.

      Just got my 4th part cut, hope these geese match up with my previous ones.

      thanks for stopping by.

      Delete